- Born: 26 Oct 1804, Islington, , Middlesex, England
- Christened: 17 Apr 1807, St Mary, Islington, Middlesex, England
- Marriage (1): Eliza Butterworth on 26 May 1834 in St John the Baptist, Shoreditch, England
At the time of the 1841 Census he is living in Popham St. Finsbury, St Mary's Islington in He is 40 years of age. He is a Labourer, living with him are William aged 6, James aged 10 and Eliza aged 28, all born in the County. Eliza's age appears to be wrong give the 1851 Census where she is 45.
At the time of the 1851 Census he is living at Elder Walk, which actually is right near the intersection of Popham St. He is 46, a Labourer on the Roads, born Islington. Living with him are Eliza, 45, born Knightsbridge, Middlesex; William, 16, a Pupil Teacher; James, 11, a scholar, John, 8, a scholar; Edward, 4, a scholar at home. All the children were born in Islington.
At the time of the 1861 Census he is at 9 Adelaide Terrace, aged 55, a Scavenger, born Islington. He is recorded as married but Eliza is not there and is believed to have actually been deceased the previous year. Living with him are sons John C, 18, a Solicitors Clerk, born Islington and Edward R, 14, a Church Society's Clerk, born Islington. Both sons unmarried.
Noted events in his life were:
• He worked as a Police Constable at the time of Elizabeth's baptism on 7 Oct 1838 in Islington, , Middlesex, England.
• He resided at the time of Elizabeth's baptism on 7 Oct 1838 in Popham Place, Islington, Middlesex, England.
James married Eliza Butterworth on 26 May 1834 in St John the Baptist, Shoreditch, England. (Eliza Butterworth was born circa 1806 in Knightsbridge,Middlesex,England and died 4Q 1860 in Islington, , Middlesex, England.)