Ronald Wrexford Old
- Born: 17 Jul 1904, Midhurst, , , New Zealand
- Marriage (1): Gladys Alma Carter on 2 Jun 1927 in Eltham, , , New Zealand
- Died: 1991, Tauranga, , , New Zealand at age 87
Another name for Ronald was Ronald Reifert Old.
Notes for RONALD WREXFORD OLD:
Soon after their marriage in 1927, they leased a farm on Warwick Road. Fo ur years later they moved to a larger farm in Mania. Finally they manag ed to buy a farm at Auroa, where they raised a family of two girls and a b oy. When their son Neil was married in 1953, they moved to Hawera whi le he managed the farm. After a few years in Hawera they moved to NP, whe re they remained for 20 years, then owing to Ron's ill health return ed to Stratford to live in a unit attached to their daughter Joan & Bru ce Clarke's home.
Gladys Carter was born in Australia and came out with her parents when s he was two years old. During the passage across the Tasman, an epidemic sw ept through the ship. The ship anchored off shore and passengers disembark ed on lighters to be taken to quarantine. Whilst being handed over the si de by her mother, who was weak with the disease, she was dropped and was o nly saved by the quick action of one of the sailors who managed to catch h er.
Ill Health from about 1976
Noted events in his life were:
• He resided at Warwick Road. in 1927.
• He resided at Mania in 1931.
• He resided at Auroa after 1931.
• He resided at Hawera in 1953.
• He resided at New Plymouth Electroll Roll: 1969, Mt View Place, NP - retired between 1956 and 1976.
• He resided at Stratford about 1976.
• Christened: Stratford Methodist Chuch, Taranaki, New Zealand, 26 Feb 1905.
Ronald married Gladys Alma Carter on 2 Jun 1927 in Eltham, , , New Zealand. (Gladys Alma Carter was born on 25 Feb 1905 in Orange, New South Wales, Australia.)