- Born: 30 Jan 1810, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland
- Christened: 11 Feb 1810, Cockenzie, East Lothian, Scotland
- Died: 19 Feb 1889, 81 Gorgie Rd, Edinburgh, , Midlothian, Scotland at age 79
Cause of her death was Old age aided by shock from a fall.
There is another record on her baptism sheet for the birth of a James Greig to parents Peter and Catherine Rennie. It's possible Peter is related to Agnes' mother Margaret Greig but I haven't seen any evidence of this yet.
In 1841 she was living with her sister Jannet Chamberlain and her family in St Cuthbert's Parish Edinburgh. She is recorded as 25 years old and a "F.S." probably a Farm Servant.
In 1871 she was living at 14 Dean Path Edinburgh. This was a large house with many families living in it. Agnes was unmarried, 54, living alone and a Warehouse Servant. Her living quarters, perhaps a small flat, or a room in a house, had one room with a window. She was still there in 1875 according to the Valuation Rolls and there were 9 other residents in this block of flats. Her annual rent was 3 pounds and 2 shillings.
She was still living there in 1881, with all details remaining the same except she was aged 66. By now she was recorded as "Deaf" in the census return.
The informant on her Death Certificate was Robert Scott, nephew of 81 Gorgie Rd, Edinburgh (where she died). I have not yet identified his connection to the family.
Noted events in her life were:
• She resided at the time of her death on 19 Feb 1889 in 14 Dean Park, Edinburgh, , Midlothian, Scotland.
• She worked as a Domestic Servant (formerly) according to her death certificate.